Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beginning of the end...

It’s not about me. A truth that I have known but that God continues to remind me of over and over again this trip. Each day it seems that God has shown me this truth in one way or another. It may happen during a conversation with a teammate or camper. It may happen when I think that things are just starting to go the “right” way. It may when I put the microphone down after speaking in circles and wondering what I just said. Or it may happen when I wake up in the morning or heading to sleep at night- however He does it, God has continued to pound that truth into my heart and being.

I can hardly believe that today was the last day of our camp. After we finished cleaning up the school, we met one last time as our Polish/American team combined. In many ways, it felt as if we all looked at each other thinking, “Did that really just happen?” It has been a whirlwind to say the least. To think that 10 days ago, many of the team had never met is mind blowing. It is amazing the bond that Christ brings to a group of people who seemingly should not be bound together.

As I begin to reflect on another camp and another trip coming to a close, I have a million thoughts running through my head. I apologize that it’s late and in many ways, my brain is mush. I can tell you, however, that my heart is full. I can tell you that the Holy Spirit is amazing and that our team has had front row seats to His power to change lives. I can tell you that when we return, the stories will be many and the smiles will be huge.

Goodbyes started last night, into today, and will continue as we leave this place that we love and these people we love behind and head back home.

I cannot thank you enough for the ways you have supported our team and most importantly, for your prayers while we have been here. They are evident.

As we head to Krakow after church tomorrow, please continue to pray. Pray for the campers who are processing all they heard and experienced this week- Pray alongside me that their lives are transformed. Also, if you think of it, for our team these next few days. Pray for cool moments, for patience, and for clarity as we spend time reflecting on what God has done for us and what our response will be as we seek to live the way back home that we have while we are here.  We desire to be changed when we return- a changed group of people who can’t help but radiate the love of Christ and shine brightly and boldly for Him.

So many thoughts to say yet so few words to convey...

On the days when I’m tired, when I can’t seem to hold it together, when I feel like every word that comes out of my mouth does not make sense, I’m reminded once again…


It’s not about me.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words. Truthful insight. Blessings and peace.

    ReplyDelete