Saturday, June 23, 2018

Camp Day 1 as told by Will Just

Cześć, Will here.

            Soon I will fall asleep only to be awakened by angry polish drunks and the inflow of cigarette smoke through my window. Besides that and the fact that Joel snores like a freight train, life is good here on the other side of the pond. I mean its like day five and I have yet to discover this terrible thing called jet lag everyone keeps complaining about. Honestly if anyone could tell me what it is I would appreciate it. In addition the food is amazing and I could eat the breakfasts here for the rest of my life.  Such is the life in Poland. Walking the cobblestone streets, being the loudest in a mile radius, we have fun here. Unfortunately they have yet to discover the joy of a multi-shot espresso beverage and the magical, medicinal qualities such a drink entails. Guess I’ll stick to caffeinated tea. I’m sorry but I have to mention it again; Joel really does snore loud. I’m glad I have my music to drown it out

But to take a more serious note the times here have been great.  Today we have experienced our first day of English camp, which was a lot of fun. I am teaching the intermediates and in doing so I discovered how hard it is to teach it really is. As I watched of the blank, bored faces, I thought to myself do they get it, do they understand. But as they slowly warmed up to Patti and I, I began to see the value. The fun. The fruits of our labor were slowly revealing themselves. As we ate lunch and then had another lesson with our class I found myself enjoying it. Then closer to the end we had a praise and worship session in which I played along with several members of my team and the Polish team. We sang praises in English and Polish and prayed in both as well. Then we had a theme night; America night. This particular theme night we the American classic- PB&J. And it was a blast. We ended with having dinner and discussion with the Polish side of our team. 

And that’s about it. 
Catch you on the flippity flip
Will

5 comments:

  1. I understand about the snoring!! Prayers and blessings to all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you all. You are continually in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that you are able to help lead in worship! It makes my heart full knowing that all of you are there to teach and love on campers for Jesus! Enjoy! I know it is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will - Great to hear of your adventures and how you are giving back through teaching. My dad was a professor and told me many similar stories, but always shared how he made a difference in people's lives much like you are doing. Good stuff. Funny story..Courtney and I were in Nisswa Friday evening and thought we saw you or your twin, but knew you were in Poland and where you needed to be. God bless. Dave and Courtney Klocke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will, you make me smile! Prayers for rest and continued success in your English class!

    ReplyDelete