Friday, June 22, 2018

Friday in Skoczów from the eyes of Samuel Hardy

Hello All!

            In life we are often confronted by challenges that demand an immediate response. It is at this point that we must make a decision. Do we use that moment of difficulty to fulfill our own notions and desires or do we instead wage war against our self-serving natures in order to respond to those tasks in a matter that is in accordance with God’s call on our lives. This has been a continually reinforced point that I have been frequently reminded of over the past several days. However, I want to diverge from this thought for a moment in order to catch you up to speed on the most recent actions of our team.
            Today has been a constant process of preparation as we gear up for the first day of English camp, which starts at 10:30 tomorrow morning Polish time. We began the morning with a study of 1 Corinthians. From there, we met with a few members of the Polish youth group in order to decorate the classrooms where the English classes will be held. Everyone worked as a team and we accomplished our objective within a short amount of time. After that we met the rest of our counter-parts from the Polish youth group so that we could further coordinate our resources. I have to say that this was one of my favorite parts of the day because it gave me the opportunity to work and talk with a couple of wonderful youth. This helped me to really appreciate the opportunity that I have had to be apart of this trip and serve along side our Christian family in Poland. God is most definitely at work within the hearts of the Poles. 
            These experiences have also brought the afore mentioned reality to mind. I must set my own personal expectations aside if I am to truly finish well in the tasks that God has given me. His plans are greater than my plans and all I have to do is trade my worldly viewpoint for the option of completely trusting that God will guide me on the path that He has set before me. 
            Thank you all for your prayers—their effects are clearly being observed by both myself and the rest of the team as we strive to impact the lives of those around us through the work that is yet to be accomplished. 
            

God Bless,

Samuel 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you and also sending grandma prayers and hugs from Carolyn Snow!

    ReplyDelete