Sunday, July 27, 2014

Camp Day 2- Sunday

From the heart and voice of Jordan Lelwica

                Alright guys, it’s my turn to blog about Poland! So get ready!
                 Day two of camp has come to an end, and it was a great day. Wait, getting a little too far ahead… typically there is church on Sunday mornings…. Ah, that’s it.. The group and I attended a Polish church this morning, and it was something else. Never have I (or most of the team) heard another language singing the same songs that we were, during our worship time, after some Polish announcements. Anyways, the lyrics for the songs were in both English, and in Polish, hearing everyone sing different words but mean the same things, was quite the feeling. The pastor (Pastor John) Preached in English, while his Polish wife translated for the rest of the congregation. Pastor John talked about what we were doing, missions trips, and about how Paul got stoned, yet kept on going. So The church service was pretty good.
                Next was a small break to change out of our titled “casual nice” clothes (because we were kind of looking nice, yet kind of casual at the same time) into our camp clothes, which need to everyday need to be something you can sweat bullets in. After our break, came camp, some kids come early so we do as well. Camp stated with some lunch, then directly after, came the camp dance. (which I myself am getting pretty good at, not gonna lie) Next in line came the English lessons, which personally I dread the most, due to my lack of teaching, but God somehow makes up for your shortcomings when you are doing his work, thankfully. God has defiantly been watching me in my weakest points, and helping me in them, looks like your prayers are working! Keep them up! Sorry about that tangent… Anyways, after English lessons came a nice game of Capture the Flag. There were three flags on either side, two counting as one point, and one flag, further back in the field, was worth two points. All of the campers and team members loved it. OH MY GOSH!!!! Then after CTF Domi, the leader person of the Polish team, brought a mean bunch of ice cream! It was sooooo goooood!!!! Like, it was fluffy and delicious and this country has some awesome ice cream!
                After CTF came the evening program, which involves both the camp dance, singing, and Abby preaching a bit. The dance went well, as we are all learning it better and better. The singing was also nice too, it was in English though which confused me a bit, but, we will be singing more in Polish towards the end of the week, which is where I suspect God will work much more in the campers. Next came Abby’s small lesson about materialistic things, and how no matter much you strive for them, they will not bring you happiness, especially in the comparison of how much God will make you happy. After that, the campers were divided into small groups which we are not a part of, but the Polish team is, another thing to be majorly praying for. We got back to base camp, ate, debriefed a bit, (where we found out that God has already been moving in some of the campers) went to the hotel, practiced our English lessons for tomorrow, then got ready for bed, which is what I am about to do as well. Oh! And I also found out that as I am writing this, y’all are probably on the progressive dinner thing! So, yeah, just a thing to think about I guess.

                Anyways, as my blog comes to a close (finally) I do ask a couple things of you all.. firstly, keep on praying, as I said earlier, its working, 3 hours of sleep has never felt so good, and the team has made it this far without too many hiccups. Also, a couple of things to be praying for… firstly, for Abby, I know this is her fourth go around, but every leader needs that extra boost of strength. Secondly, for God to move in the campers. This is why we are here after all, to help advance God’s Kingdom in Poland. And thirdly, I ask for the strength of our team, we all need more strength and energy to keep going. So keep on praying please! And I personally, thank you all for praying for us all this time as well. Anyways, goodnight! I hope everything is going well back at the homefront

3 comments:

  1. You are quite the story teller Jordan... you do a good job of providing a visual picture of what the team is experiencing! BTW- I WILL be providing some music upon your return to see that dance! Ha!

    I think this is the verse that you are referring to: 2 Corinthians 12:9 New International Version (NIV)

    But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." Blessings- Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved the songs being sung in Polish and in English. It it so amazing! I know that God is using you all mightily at camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, Jordan. Great to hear about what all of you and God are doing there in Poland. Keep up the good work! God is faithful to complete what He has started! Blessings to all.--John & Cindy Gudahl

    ReplyDelete