Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday in Skoczów

            The first Friday in Skoczów, the day before camp begins, has always been one of my favorite days of this trip. It is the day when two halves of a team become one whole team. It is the day when the American side of the team and the Polish side of the team, come together for a day of final preparations. This included going through each day of the camp schedule, working through the music for day one, setting up some of the school where camp will take place, and ending the day with a bonfire. For me, it is fun to sit back and watch two groups of people who many just met last night or even this morning, begin to bond and come together- all because we share one thing in common- our love of Christ and our salvation that is found in Him. It is something that I do not sit back in awe and praise our Father enough for. We have a good good Father.
            Tomorrow begins the 6th camp that Timberwood and the church in Skoczów has teamed up to be a part of together. As having had the privilege to be a part of all of them, I can’t help but sit here, in a hotel I’ve sat in countless nights before, and reflect on all that God has been doing through these camps and relationships. I’m humbled to be able to start camp 6 tomorrow and to get yet another chance of seeing God move in the hearts of all of us there. I’m praying big for God to shake this place. I’m praying that He would move in such ways that at the end of the day and especially at the end of the week, so many things would happen that could only truly have happened by His power. Please join me in this!
            Today was a day of planning and preparing; we’ve done what we can and it is with open hands and open hearts that we enter into camp day 1 tomorrow. Expectant of our God. Expectant that He is bigger, that He is worthy, and that it is with HIS power the changes lives.

            Side note:: As I’m sitting here writing this blog, I feel like you have been shortchanged in not getting to hear from each and every one on the American half of the team. I have had 6 people from the team sit down and have conversations with me while I was writing this blog post to tell me about their experience today and how great it was to meet the people they met and have the conversations they had. The joy in their hearts is beaming through their smiles. I wish you could see them!



Goodnight from Poland...





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Miss Abby! Glad all is well with your soul and God has captured your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete