Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tuesday from the heart of Allison Gudahl

            Day four of English Camp in Skoczow, Poland flowed nicely just as all have gone so far. That’s what I believe, at least. Our days always consist of the lovely but sweat-instigating camp dance, which usually ends up stuck in my head for most of the remaining hours. But today there were various activities and discussions. We played a pretty violent game of capture the flag that involved me being pulled over the dividing line by at least four campers. I have no idea how my arms didn’t tear from my body.
            Did I mention a few girls came to the school where English Camp takes place and they put on a concert for us? And both of their names are Megan, which makes things even more amusing. All of the music reminded me of singing along to the radio while driving my rusty Le Sabre. I miss everything from home from my mom to mainstream music far too much, but I honestly wouldn’t trade anything in the world to go home just yet.
            My perspective of life in Poland has changed a lot in only a week. At first I thought God was punishing me to be here for an entire fifteen days without my cellphone, friends, and my usual freedom of being able to do whatever I wanted whenever. I am admitting the full truth right now. I didn’t necessarily want to go to Poland as the days grew closer towards our plane departure from Minneapolis. As soon as I got to Poznań, Poland, I was already homesick, beyond tired, and wanted to be on my way back to Minnesota that very day. However, I knew God was whispering to me “Just wait.” And so I did, mainly because I didn’t have a choice. Once we got to Skoczów a few days after staying in Poznań, something in me started to change. As soon as camp started, my attitude was immediately transformed.
            I felt a connection between so many campers only the first day after meeting them. The way I’ve seen God move in the campers lives’ and even mine has blown me away. Just knowing that I have to leave them all breaks my heart a little bit as our days in Poland are counting down. I’m just trying not to think about it too much.
            Thank you to all of your prayers and support! Keep it up!
                                                                                               

-Allison Gudahl

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Allison and am so very proud of you. So glad you are having fun and seeing God move! Can't wait to hear all about your time in Poland.

    ReplyDelete