Monday, July 18, 2016

Poznań from Abby

Greetings from Poznań once again!

Our team left Skoczów this morning with a mixture of light and heavy hearts. Light in celebrating what an awesome week we shared, heavy with having to say goodbye to the last of our polish half- Domi and Ania. They graciously drived with us to make sure we caught our train for Poznań. I can't express to you how grateful I am for each of those incredible women.

The train ride was a first of it's kind for many of us. It made a long trip that could have been miserable due to the nature of the day and length of the trip, into a way that we saw a blessing from God in our day.

After checking into our hotel, we met with all of the other teams who did camp around Poland this past week. It was fun to hear stories about how God was at work in other parts of Poland the same time He was most definitely at work in Skoczów. (The same time He was at work in Detroit and in Nisswa as well). What an incredible God we serve.

After a few meals together with the other teams and a couple hours of seeing the sights of Poznań and buying souvenirs, our team is all ready for a night of sleep before a long day of travel tomorrow.

A few months ago I read the last post I had written on this blog from Timberwood's very first team they sent to Poland and I had a chance to be a part of. In that blog I noted how a piece of my heart will always be in Poland.

I never would have imagined what all that consisted of and the truth that that statement holds still today.

Thank you again for your prayers. We covet them and can't thank you enough.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels. I am sure God is smiling.

    ReplyDelete